As of Sep 2017, ShoreTel has been acquired by Mitel; the product titles and images used in this article may not accurately reflect the official product titles post-acquisition. This includes subjects contained in the imagery of brightmetrics' user interface.
In the video above, we guide you through setting up and configuring a CCIR Server. The CCIR server that we will guide you through setting up is a critical component to Brightmetrics reporting and analytics in an Enterprise Contact Center environment; the Contact Center Interaction Reports or CCIR database houses many inter-related tables that represent call and agent events from ECC. These events that are written into the CCIR database provide the Brightmetrics agent highly accurate data.
Note: Before you begin the installation process, you will want to have a standard Windows server set up and ready to perform the CCIR server functions. While CCIR cannot be installed on an ECC server or any other ShoreTel DVS, the CCIR server does NOT need to be a dedicated server and can share a server with other network services (at the discretion of resources available on that server). (For more information on CCIR system requirements, click on the link below.)
- The Contact Center DVD or installation files include the Setup.exe file that will be run to define the server as the location for the CCIR Server Database. Navigate to the Shoretel CCIR Folder and run the Setup file as administrator.
- If prompted to install .NET 2.0 Framework, you can choose "No" unless you are running the installer on a windows server version older than Windows 2008.
- After the Setup Wizard is configured for installation and the terms of the license agreement have been accepted, you will be asked to enter the Contact Center primary server IP address. Enter the IP address, click “next” and then click “install.” Since CCIR has no UI component, the included checkbox to launch ShoreTel CCIR does nothing; you can simply disregard this and click "Finish".
- Upon successful installation, the system parameters for CCIR will need to be entered into ECC. This can be done by logging in to your Contact Center Director web GUI which is typically accessed by navigating to the [ECC IP address]/contactcenterdirector.
- In the left sidebar of Contact Center Director, navigate to the CCIR page by clicking on the enclosure tab beside "System Parameters" followed by the enclosure tab beside "External Interfaces" and then "CCIR."
- On this Page, you will see a field at the top for the Primary CCIR Address.
Note: If the reports and dashboard perspectives built from the data generated from the CCIR server you are setting up are mission-critical, or if there is or will be a heavy reliance on these insights from Brightmetrics ECC Analytics, it is strongly suggested that you set up CCIR Server Redundancy to safeguard you from any potential data losses.(For more information concerning CCIR Server Redundancy, click on the link below)
Note: At this time, Brightmetrics does not support reporting on any additional fields from these lists, though we may make enhancements in the future to allow these. You can optionally choose to include these additional fields to have them written in the CCIR database.
- Once done, click "Save" and "Refresh the station list" to confirm the IP address is correct.
- Lastly, we will configure the Windows Firewall with an exception or rule for inbound traffic on port 6306.
- Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and select "Inbound rules" towards the top the left sidebar
- Right click on "Inbound Rules" and select "New Rule" from the Menu options.
- In the Protocols and Ports window choose "Port" and click "Next".
- In the following screen choose "TCP" for the protocol and choose “Specific local ports” for which it applies.
- In the blank text field type, "6306" and click "next".
- Be sure that the "Allow this connection box is selected in the Actions section and click "next" again.
- Since the Rule applies on all three boxes, verify that they are all checked and click "next" again.
- Finally, Name the inbound TCP allowance rule and click "Finish".
We hope that our CCIR Setup Guide has helped you in setting up your CCIR Server. If you have any questions regarding Brightmetrics' Mitel (ShoreTel) Reporting and Data Analytics Services, please email us at email@example.com.