Required Permissions Level:
- Company Administrator or
- View Insights (Users with View Insights permission can create new schedules for a Staffing Forecast Report, and modify existing schedules)
Would you rather read about the Staff Forecasting Feature? Take a scroll down below to get an in-depth look.
What is your ShoreTel data telling you about your staffing levels?
By running your historical call data and your determined service level factors through specific Erlang C algorithms, the Staff Forecasting feature presents you with a simplified, yet refined forecast of the suggested number of agents and a predicted call volume broken out by day of the week and the time of the day.
(Example: Staffing Level Forecast Summary and Detail Report)
The staff forecasting reports can be run on the fly or configured with a saved schedule to be received regularly. (See example and itemized steps listed below.)
(Example: Insights > Staff Forecasting)
To run & schedule a Staff Forecasting Report
- Navigate to the Insights Page in the Sidebar of Brightmetrics
- Click on the *Add Schedule button or Run Report button; you will be presented with the 5 parameters needed to calculate your service level staff forecasting report.
- Choose ShoreTel or ECC.
- Select the group or workgroup.
- Input the target wait time and target variance. Your Target Wait Time will apply the ideal speed of answer for each call in seconds; the Target Variance will apply to how many seconds over or under the Target wait time is tolerable.
- Choose the Target Range which indicates if you’d like a forecast of the
Current Week – Monday through Sunday – or for the next/Following Week; enter the email addresses to whom the forecast report will be sent.
- *Determine the specific time and day of delivery and select the time zone that the delivery schedule pertains to
- (Optional)** By checking the Disable Preface checkbox, the introductory information will be excluded from the report.
You will receive your report in a PDF; the report will include:
• ** An introductory preface which includes:
- Information on the equations, calculation, and algorithms which have been used to build the forecast report
- Information on how to read the forecast report
- Pertinent field and term definitions
- Other useful and clarifying information.
• Suggested number of agents by hour of the day and day of the week
• Historically-based predictions of call volume by hour of the day and day of the week
Reading your Staff Forecasting Report
- The time intervals down the left side of the table display the time intervals of the day
- The numbers atop the table represent the suggested number of agents to achieve the inputted Target Wait Time
- The blue bars follow the tolerable range of agents along the top of the table while the black bars indicate the optimal suggested number of agents for the time period
- Grey text beside these bars indicates the predicted call volume that the suggestions are based on
- The grey/blue/grey numbers also indicate the optimal number of agents to staff (blue) and the lower (grey-left) and upper (grey-right) staffing level tolerance.
We hope this information provides you a useful tool in better optimizing your team. If you have any questions regarding Brightmetrics' ShoreTel Reporting and Data Analytics Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.