As of Sep 2017, ShoreTel has been acquired by Mitel; the product titles and images used in this article may not accurately reflect the official product titles post-acquisition. This includes subjects contained in the imagery of Brightmetrics' user interface.
Required Permissions Level:
- Administrator or
- View Insights (Users with View Insights permission can create new schedules for a Staffing Forecast Report, and modify existing schedules)
What is your Mitel data telling you about your staffing levels?
By running your historical call data and your determined service level factors through specific Erlang C algorithms, the Staff Forecasting feature presents you with a simplified, yet refined forecast of the suggested number of agents and a predicted call volume broken out by day of the week and the time of the day.
(Example: Staffing Level Forecast Summary and Detail Report)
The staff forecasting reports can be run on the fly or configured with a saved schedule to be received regularly. (See example and itemized steps listed below.)
(Example: Insights > Staff Forecasting)
To run & schedule a Staff Forecasting Report
- Navigate to the Insights Page in the Sidebar of Brightmetrics
- Click on the *Add Schedule button or Run Report button; you will be presented with the 5 parameters needed to calculate your service level staff forecasting report.
- Choose ShoreTel (MIVOICE Connect) or ECC (MIVOICE connect contact center).
- Select the group or workgroup.
- Input the target wait time and target variance. Your Target Wait Time will apply the ideal speed of answer for each call in seconds; the Target Variance will apply to how many seconds over or under the Target wait time is tolerable.
- Choose the Target Range which indicates if you’d like a forecast of the
- Current Week – Monday through Sunday – or for the next/Following Week; enter the email addresses to whom the forecast report will be sent.
- *Determine the specific time and day of delivery and select the time zone that the delivery schedule pertains to
- (Optional)** By checking the Disable Preface checkbox, the introductory information will be excluded from the report.
You will receive your report in a PDF; the report will include:
• ** An introductory preface which includes:
- Information on the equations, calculation, and algorithms which have been used to build the forecast report
- Information on how to read the forecast report
- Pertinent field and term definitions
- Other useful and clarifying information.
• Suggested number of agents by hour of the day and day of the week
• Historically-based predictions of call volume by hour of the day and day of the week
Reading your Staff Forecasting Report
- The time intervals down the left side of the table display the time intervals of the day
- The numbers atop the table represent the suggested number of agents to achieve the inputted Target Wait Time
- The blue bars follow the tolerable range of agents along the top of the table while the black bars indicate the optimal suggested number of agents for the time period
- Grey text beside these bars indicates the predicted call volume that the suggestions are based on
- The grey/blue/grey numbers also indicate the optimal number of agents to staff(blue) and the lower (grey-left) and upper (grey-right) staffing level tolerance.
We hope this information provides you a useful tool in better optimizing your team.
Questions or feedback? Please email us at