Brightmetrics Real Time Dashboards Service provides organizations within the moment common operational pictures that enable managers and all team members to make better-informed decisions and adjust work to align with organizational goals. With the latest release, we've extended even further the value of these common perspectives by providing Real Time Ticker: a scrolling ticker messaging feature that can be configured on ANY of your dashboards (Real Time or otherwise). This feature can be used to immediately broadcast, via the dashboard, a variety of messages such as what "today's coupon code" may be for agents to use, or encouragement for the team in their work towards goals, acknowledgment of high performers, or even birthday greetings or welcomes for new team members.
The flexibility of Real Time Ticker allows you to update these messages, once the dashboard has been enabled via SMS so the management team has the ability to adjust or change messaging while on the move and even use their creative side through incorporating Emojis.
***Again, if you have Real Time Dashboard Services, you can configure a ticker on ANY of your dashboards, regardless of whether it is enabled with a Real Time data source chart or perspective... and the ticker does not make a dashboard count against your Real Time Dashboard subscription level if the chart doesn't have Real Time elements on it***
The initial configuration of the Real Time Ticker requires the organization to be subscribed to the Real Time module of Brightmetrics' services, and for the user to have permissions to "Create/Modify Dashboard Tabs".
You can begin configuring your Real Time Ticker on any Real Time enabled dashboard by following these steps:
1) Select Edit Dashboard on the Sidebar Menu
2) Select the Dashboard you want to edit to include the Ticker on
3) Select the Edit Tab option from the top of the tab
4) When the pop-up box for Edit Tab Options presents, select the Enable Dashboard Ticker checkbox
5) When you check the box to Enable Dashboard Ticker, the pop-up will reveal the Dashboard Ticker configuration section which will allow you to create your initial message, select font size and customize colors to your branding or preferences
6) To take advantage of the ability to update your Ticker by SMS, check Enable SMS updating to reveal additional configuration settings around SMS... this will allow you to
- see the code specific to that dashboard ticker
- generate a new code if necessary
- review the instructions for texting and number to that ticker
7) SMS updates configuration defaults to sending the text updater a confirmation of the message they wish to update, which allows the updater to review what is currently being scrolled on the ticker and
8) SMS updating configuration requires you to define who is authorized to update the dashboard via SMS
9) After the configuration is complete you'll see the Ticker scroll across the bottom of your dashboard to preview how it will display... if you like what you see make sure to Save the dashboard tab!
At this point, now that you've saved the dashboard, you have a live Ticker message scrolling for your organization to everyone who has the dashboard shared with them or within visibility of it being displayed.
Now I know what you're thinking: "what happens with the user numbers that were added to the SMS configuration, and how does that all work?"
Glad you asked! Remember the numbers you added to accept updates from in configuration step 8 above? Well each of those numbers will get an initial text from Brightmetrics like the following:
Notice that above I've sent a request message to the Ticker welcoming a new agent aboard... The ticker will make sure (if you have the default setting of "send confirmation text...") that I'm okay with overwriting the current message that is scrolling on this dashboard, and once I've replied "yes" we'll see the new message present on the Ticker:
One other cool thing to note is that, as with all of our dashboards Real Time or otherwise, these dashboards with Ticker can be published via private URL link for display on wallboards without any of the additional tabs or other Brightmetrics User Interface elements... just your dashboard and Ticker message!
We hope you and the team find this Ticker feature useful, but even also have a little fun with it!
If you don't have Real Time and would like to find out more, or if you have any other questions regarding Brightmetrics' Mitel (ShoreTel) Reporting and Data Analytics Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org